TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF COMMISSIONING AND REPRODUCTION OF PICTURES FROM PIXELATED PHOTOGRAPHY
This is custom heading element
Terms and Definitions
- Picture includes a photograph, images, transparency, negative, digital scan, design, artwork, painting, montage, drawing, engraving, videography, film pictures, stop motions, audio recording, or camera captured media, graphics or any other item which may be offered for the purposes of reproduction;
- Reproduction includes any form of publication or copying of the whole or part of any picture and whether or not altered by printing, photography, projection (whether or not to an audience), distribution, coping, xerography, artist’s reference, artist’s illustration, layout or presentation, electronic or mechanical reproduction or storage by any other means;
- The Photographer is Pixelated Photography.
- The Client is the person or organisation to whom the invoice is addressed (whether or not the Client is acting for a third party);
- These terms and conditions represent the entirety of the agreement between Pixelated Photography and the Client. Any variation is only applicable when agreed in advance and in writing;
- Pixelated Photography administers the service of the works of the Photographer, Pixelated Photography is a trading name a company registered in Bahrain;
Copyright and Ownership of Materials:
- The entire copyright in the pictures is retained by the Photographer, at all times throughout the world and is administered by Pixelated Photography;
- Title to all photographs remains the property of the Photographer;
- Images will be licensed for use for a specified period. When the License to Use has expired, the images should be returned to the Photographer and a written undertaking given that all digital files have been destroyed. The Client is expected to comply with this requirement within 30 days of expiration of the License to Use. The Photographer reserves the right to make an additional charge for continued use after this period;
- The Photographer, as administered by Pixelated Photography, supplies the technical and artistic ability to illustrate an idea photographically, and sells the right to reproduce those pictures in a given context. No property or copyright in any pictures shall pass to the Client whether on its submission or on Pixelated Photography’ grant of reproduction rights in respect thereof;
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing if any picture reproduced by the Client omits the copyright notice or credit line specified by Pixelated Photography any fee payable by the Client shall be subject to an increase specified by Pixelated Photography, and in any event an increase of not less than 25%.
Use and Reproduction:
- The License to Use only comes into effect once full payment of the invoice has been made. No use may be made of the images until full and final payment – including any late payment charges that may have been levied – has been received by Pixelated Photography;
- Permission in writing may be granted for image use before payment, however this permission will be immediately revoked if payment of the invoice is not made by the timescale stated on the invoice;
- Reproduction rights (if and when granted) are strictly limited to the use and period of time specified on Pixelated Photography’ invoice. An agreement must be reached with Pixelated Photography before the pictures are used for a different purpose or after the licence to use has expired;
- Reproduction rights are not issued exclusively to the Client except when specified on the invoice;
- Reproduction rights granted are personal to the Client and may not be assigned, nor may any picture submitted to the Client be loaned or transferred to third parties save for the purpose of the exercise by the Client of such reproduction rights;
- Any reproduction rights granted are by way of licence and no partial or other assignment of copyright shall be implied;
- Pixelated Photography reserves the right to refuse to supply or grant a reproduction licence to a third party when requested to do so by the Client;
- In the case of printed publications, three copies of the relevant pages containing any picture supplied are to be furnished to Pixelated Photography free of charge within two weeks. In other media, evidence of use must be made available if requested;
- On the Client’s death or bankruptcy or (if the Client is a company) in the event of a Resolution, Petition or Order for winding up being made against it, or if a Receiver is appointed, Pixelated Photography may at any time thereafter inspect any records, accounts and books relating to the reproduction of its pictures to ensure that the pictures are being used only in accordance with the reproduction rights granted to the Client.
Definitions of Reproduction Rights:
The following terms are used when describing the reproduction rights granted by Pixelated Photography and the Photographer to the Client:
- Internal Use only: The right to use the pictures only within a company for non-commercial purposes; publication in a free in-house magazine not normally available to the public; exhibition within the Client’s premises; editorial use in the Client’s intranet site;
- PR and Press distribution: The right to use the pictures as described in 4(a); plus, a licence for third parties to reproduce such pictures in print or electronic media in an editorial context where no fee has been paid to guarantee publication;
- Specified Use Only: The right to use the pictures once only for the purpose as described on the invoice;
- Editorial: One reproduction only of pictures supplied within one print edition of the specified title in an editorial context only.
Booking and Cancellation:
- The Client will be required to complete a Booking Form, on receipt of the booking form, Pixelated Photography will send an email with timing confirmation and invoice. The booking will then be considered Confirmed only after the payment of the invoice.
- Once the Client has a confirmed booking for a specific time and date and this date/time has been Confirmed, Pixelated Photography will not accept any other work from other clients for those times and dates;
- As a result, once a booking is Confirmed, if it is subsequently cancelled, a cancellation fee will be charged to the client according to the following schedule: (i) When a client cancels a confirmed booking within 10 business days of any confirmed date, an administration fee of 50% will be charged; (ii) When a client cancels photography within less than 10 days’ business of any confirmed date, a fee of 100% of the booked time rate will be charged. (iii) In addition to this cancellation fee, the client will be charged for any expenses already incurred by Pixelated Photography.
- Our payment terms are strictly on booking requests or within the invoice due date, unless agreed in advance and in writing;
- If payment is not made in accordance with (a) above then Pixelated Photography may rescind any Agreement and recover damages though legal actions;
- A fee of BHD 20 will be made for each account reminder, duplicate invoice, or any other paperwork, correspondence or phone calls involved with the pursuance of a debt. This fee is non-refundable, and represents the additional time spent pursuing overdue invoices;
- The Client’s right to reproduce a picture arises only when Pixelated Photography’ invoice relating to the grant of such right is fully paid (including interest charges levied on late payment of the invoice or invoices). Any reproduction before payment of the invoice constitutes an infringement of rights and a breach of this Agreement entitling Pixelated Photography to rescind the Agreement and rendering the Client liable for the payment of damages;
- If any invoice issued to the Client is not paid by the Due Date, then all unpaid invoices issued to the Client become due of immediate effect, and that Pixelated Photography may consider these invoices as overdue when pursuing legal action for the recovery of said debts;
- Project Duration. The Client agrees to provide timely responses to any status notifications that the Photographer send to him. The Client shall have 30 days to respond to each Response sent to him. If after 30 days The Client have failed to respond, The Photographer will assume that the project is complete and the project shall be deemed completed. At such time, The Photographer will have no further obligation to The Client, and The Client will pay The Photographer pursuant to the provisions of these Terms. Notwithstanding the foregoing, The Photographer reserve the right, in his sole discretion, to terminate Clinet’s access to all or any portion of the Services, at any time, with or without notice. In the event of such termination, The Photographer will determine, in his sole discretion, whether the Client are entitled to any refund or Re-opening the job.
- A fee starting from BHD 20 will be made for re-opening the job and prioritizing it on the studio’s work-list. This fee is non-refundable, and represents the additional time spent pursuing overdue jobs;
- Pixelated Photography will edit every take and deliver what it considers to be the best of every situation covered;
- Unless a rejection fee has been agreed in advance, there is no right to reject on the basis of style, composition or editing.
Liability and Indemnity:
- While Pixelated Photography takes all reasonable care in the performance of this agreement generally, it shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Client of by any third party arising from use or reproduction of any picture or its caption;
- The Client agrees to indemnify Pixelated Photography in respect of any claims or damages or any costs arising in any manner from the reproduction without proper reproduction rights of any picture supplied to the Client by Pixelated Photography;
- It is the Client who must satisfy himself that all necessary rights, model releases or consents which may be required for reproduction, are obtained and it is acknowledged that Pixelated Photography gives no warranty or undertaking that any such rights, model releases or consents have or will be obtained whether in relation to the use of names, people, trademarks, registered or copyright designs or works of art depicted in any picture. In the event that the picture issued or reproduced by or with the authority of the Client then the Client shall indemnify Pixelated Photography against any loss or damage, proceedings or costs where such rights, releases or consents have not been obtained.
- This Agreement shall be subject to and constructed according to Kingdom of Bahrain Law and the parties agree to accept the exclusive direction of the Courts of Kingdom of Bahrain;
- No variation of terms and conditions set out herein shall be effective unless agreed in writing by both parties.
- Email communication constitutes a contract in law, unless the Client specifically states they will not accept this and instead provides hardcopy paperwork of all relevant agreements and contracts.
- The Photographer and Pixelated Photography will keep confidential and will not disclose to any third parties or make use of information communicated to them in confidence for the purposes of the photography, save as may be reasonably necessary to enable the Photographer or Pixelated Photography to carry out their obligations in relation to the commission.
- The client will keep confidential and will not disclose to any third parties or make use of information communicated to them in confidence for the purposes of the photography. This includes the contract bases, services prices, consultations, ideas and concepts.